Once a booking has been made with My Expedition Rocks (the ‘Provider’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) and you receive a booking confirmation by email, a legally binding contract is made. You (and all group members) agree to accept the terms and conditions outlined below. You declare the information provided on the booking form is complete and true.
1. Booking process
- To make a booking you must complete a booking form either on our website or via telephone. Email bookings are acceptable for Expeditions.
- The person making the booking must be 18 years old or over.
- You will need to complete payment at the time of booking by debit or credit card, or you commit to pay by bank transfer within 48 hours of booking. See payment section for more detail.
- The lead name is responsible for any group bookings and the accuracy of any information provided. My Expedition Rocks cannot be held liable for any problems arising from incorrect information provided.
Payment for our services can be made via website or bank transfer (available on request). Cheques may be used in some circumstances, and should be made payable to My Expedition Rocks Ltd.
- Bookings require full payment upfront unless an agreement in writing is reached with My Expedition Rocks.
- Expeditions attract a different schedule of payment.
- 20% non-refundable deposit, more than 3 months prior to expedition
- 50% of total balance due 3 months prior to expedition
- 100% of total balance due 1 month prior to expedition
- Expeditions attract a different schedule of payment.
- For bespoke courses a 50% deposit may be accepted for bookings 56 days in advance of the booking. Where a deposit is accepted for a booking, it is non-refundable after a 14-day cooling off period.
- All bookings made less than 56 days in advance of the course/activity will be required to pay the full value of the course/activity fee. 50% will remain as a non-refundable deposit as per 2.2.
- Payment after the course/activity is by prior arrangement only. Invoices are available by email if required, and receipt of payment can be provided.
- Credit references may be required, dependent on the value of the booking.
- All on the day costs are payable by cash only at present.
- Bookings are only confirmed once payment and booking forms have been received by us and we have contacted you with a confirmation of receipt.
- If the full payment is not received by/on the specified due date(s), My Expedition Rocks will assume you no longer wish to proceed with the booking and reserve the right to treat it as a cancellation. All monies will become liable as per the terms and conditions of ‘Cancellation by Client’.
3. Cancellation by client
We understand circumstances change and that can be unavoidable, but we also believe we are entitled to fair notice to cancellation. We strongly advise you take out personal travel insurance to cover your costs should you need to cancel your booking.
- Cancellations must be notified to us by email or in writing.
- Given 1 weeks’ notice we will aim to reschedule your booking to a suitable date, but cannot guarantee availability.
- Deposits and any additional payments are non-refundable, but may be transferable if 7 days or more notice is provided, subject to availability.
- Cancellations for UK courses will incur the following fees due to loss of capacity or instructor fees:
- 29 days or more in advance of booking: 25% fee
- Between 28 days to 7 days in advance of booking: 50% fee
- 7 days or less in advance of booking: 100% fee
- In the case of Expedition (UK or Overseas) booking cancellations, the following fees will be incurred:
- 3 or more months in advance of booking: 20% non-refundable deposit
- 1 month up to 3 months in advance of booking: 50% fee
- Less than 1 months’ notice in advance of booking: 100% fee
- Bespoke bookings that have required significant planning and arrangements will be charged at 100%. If cancelled less than 28 days in advance. We will notify you if this applies at the time of booking.
- My Expedition Rocks is unable to provide refunds for an inability to attend on the day (feeling unwell, personal injury, pregnancy, traffic etc).
4. Cancellation by us
If we are unable to fulfil your booking, cancellation will be the last resort. Prevailing weather or ‘acts of god’ may limit or force us to cancel a course with little notice or even on the day of the course.
- In the event of My Expeditions Rocks cancelling the booking due to concerns of safety (severe weather or otherwise), we will offer a replacement activity or an alternative venue on the same day.
- In the event of a full cancellation by us we will offer you the chance to reschedule or a full refund.
- If an alternative date is not possible, any deposit or advanced payment will be returned in full
- In the event of a cancellation enforced by means beyond our control (war, mass disease, etc. or where a government order may limit whether we can deliver a course) we will seek to find an alternative course date for clients or issue an 6 month gift voucher for the value.
5. Cancellations during a course
- If at any point during a course we are not satisfied that we are able to keep group members or staff safe due to actions of some or all of the group members we reserve the right to cancel the course on the spot. All members of an activity group must comply with regulations and instructors’ instructions. We will use our professional judgement and may remove individuals or entire groups from the course.
- All group members will be required to adhere to any safety requirements we instruct, without exception and inclusive of any accompanying parent, guardian or leader.
- If we suspect that any member of the group is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we reserve the right to cancel the course on the spot.
- In the event of a course being stopped there will be no refunds. We will not continue a course that we deem to be unsafe, ever.
6. Force majeure
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions, a Force Majeure Event includes any event that we, or the suppliers of the services in question, could not foresee, or avoid, or an accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, without limitation, the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs, boycott or other industrial action (whether involving our workforce or any other party);
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat or preparation for war;
- Act of God (including, without limitation, fire, tempest, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, or other natural disaster);
- Failure in the provision of any utility, including power, gas, water, or communication services;
- Malicious damage or sabotage;
- Compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation, sanction, embargo or direction;
- Breakdown, cancellation or failure of machinery or transportation (including, without limitation railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport);
- We will not be liable to you as a result of any delay or failure to perform our obligations under these Terms as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
- If the Force Majeure Event prevents us from commencing or completing the course/activity as planned we shall, without limiting our other rights, either seek an alternative means of providing the course/activity in the time available, provided the instructor determines that it is reasonable and safe to do so (including, without limitation, relocating or by following a different itinerary or route); or cancel the course/expedition immediately.
- All clients must complete the relevant booking form, either online or paper.
- Your booking is accepted on the understanding you are aware of and accept any risks or hazards potentially involved in the course/activity you have chosen and that you are mentally and physically capable of undertaking your chosen event. If, in our reasonable opinion, your chosen event is not suitable for your medical condition or disability we reserve the right to refuse your booking.
- All participants must complete a medical consent form. Under 18’s will need to be consented by a parent or guardian.
- If you are pregnant or have a medical condition, we advise you to consult a doctor for advice and inform us prior to booking.
- Our instructors are first aid trained and carry first aid provisions whilst out on courses/activities, but please bring any specific medication you require e.g. EpiPen, inhaler.
- Non-disclosure of any medical conditions, recent or past injuries/surgeries may put you, or your child in danger. My Expedition Rocks accepts no responsibility for injuries or emergencies arising from non-disclosure.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the supervision of their children at all times, when they are in attendance.
- No transport will be included in the course fees, group members are required to provide their own transport, including to and from venues or meeting places. Use of our vehicles is by prior arrangement only.
- All safety equipment will be provided unless stated otherwise
- Deliberate damage to equipment will be charged for at the value of a new item or equivalent of that item. Charges may be made to the individual or organisation responsible for the booking.
- You consent to us using photographs, video images taken during the course, or any written feedback for advertising and promotional purposes. Please leave the box on the Medical Consent Form unchecked to opt out.
- Gift vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable after a 14-day return period. Vouchers may not be used to purchase further vouchers.
9. Risk & liability
- All individuals booking on to a course or activity accept that any activity can involve personal risk and that outdoor activities and the environment may always present an element of risk. This risk can never be eliminated without destroying the nature of the activity or environment that it takes place in. Please get in touch for more information. We will do everything in our power to keep groups from harm whilst they are participating in a My Expedition Rocks activity.
- All individuals must at all times accept and act on the judgment and instruction of the activity leader/activity instructor. Not to do so may put you in danger and we will not be liable for any injury, death or material loss as a result of not following our advice.
- Should you bring any valuables to our courses/activities, you do so at your own risk. My Expedition Rocks is not responsible for any loss/damage or theft of these items during your activities, including vehicles. All clients are advised to take out personal accident insurance and insurance for belongings.
No variation of these terms and conditions will be accepted unless agreed in writing with My Expedition Rocks.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about our terms and conditions. Please mark messages for the attention of John Rocks.
Tel: 07944 551630