A learning experience set in the beautiful grounds of the Broughton Hall Estate, with sessions for children from aged under 5 years.
A fantastic mix of fun, with a lot of education hidden in there, we take many of the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and take them outside, mix in some bushcraft and outdoor pursuits to bring you, what we think, is the ultimate combination.
What will my child gain from it?
- A fun session in the fresh air (rain or shine)
- An appreciation of our natural world
- Contextual learning
- Problem solving
- Measured risk taking – builds confidence and resilience
- Independent learning guided by experienced outdoor instructors and teachers
- Mud, water and a little bit of fire too!
How will the sessions be structured?
- Sessions aimed at ages under 5 years, but we understand they may just want to explore the woodland
- A weekly ‘theme’ around which our activities are based
- A mix of independent play and adult-led sessions
- Sessions will include stories, songs, messy play, learning about our natural world, bushcraft skills, craft and tool use
- Parents and carers can join in with the younger sessions and play and learn alongside their children
When are the sessions?
- Every Tuesday, 12:45-14:45
- Every Wednesday, 10:00-12:00
- During term time
- £10 per child per session
- 10% off, if 3 or more sessions are booked*
- Parents and babies go free
*Can be booked where you like, don’t have to be simultaneously.
What do we need to bring?
- Appropriate outdoor clothing – we ask you to bring waterproofs, and muddy boots in all weathers, as we often use water play in our sessions. In hot weather please bring sun cream and hats. The woodlands have plenty of plants which may sting or scratch – please consider this when dressing your child for the day.
- All food and drink should be brought from home – due to the current situation with Covid-19 we are currently unable to provide food for you. Please ensure you have plenty to last the duration of the session.
- Hand sanitiser – to minimise the spread of Covid-19 we ask that you bring hand sanitiser to use before, during and after the session.